Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Freak Out Moments

"Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." 
- Matthew 6:34
---

I just had a total freak out moment thinking about my future and what I am going to do after I graduate.  I realize that compared to some other majors, International Studies major students do not have easy 1, 2, 3 steps to follow for studying, graduating, going to grad school, then getting an immediate job.  For instance, as a bio major, you finish all your requirements, you get good grades, you graduate, you go to grad school, you become a doctor. For international studies majors, you study, you learn, you learn some more, you learn about the evils and "hopelessness" of this world, you get motivated to save the world, you feel hopeless about the world again, and then you graduate. Wuh? Maybe only I feel this way. 

I definitely know that I am here at UCI studying International Studies for one reason, and that is because God has placed me here. Because I do not have a set job after I graduate, there are moments when I will freak out and literally have that yucky feeling at the pit of my stomach. But still, I will remember that God has a plan for me. Some days, I know 100% that it is unfolding in my life. Other days, I just do not. But, I do. I do. I do believe. I really do.

"Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given unto you." 
- Matthew 6:33

When I think about God and His promises, I return to a state of peace. He makes all things a-okay :)

(Thank you Emily Im for the wonderful post and reminder!)

No comments:

Post a Comment